Testing & Servicing
FUME CUPBOARDS: DUCTING: FANS: SCRUBBERS
TO COMPLY WITH AS/NZS 2243.8
SCOPE OF WORKS: FUME CUPBOARDS
1. Clean entire inner surface of the chamber and fascia thoroughly, including baffle if fitted, with detergent solution.
2. Perform face velocity test in accordance with Australian Standards and provide written report.
3. Perform smoke test to Australian Standards and provide written report.
4. Test sash operation, lubricate if necessary, report any abnormalities.
5. Check condition of all services (taps, nozzles, plumbing, etc.) for damage and wear & tear.
6. Check correct identification and labelling of all services.
7. Provide written report on abnormalities and, if required, prepare a quotation for repair.
In addition to the above, the following additional maintenance operations will be carried out.
1. Check operation of the emergency isolator and isolation of services.
2. Check condition and satisfactory operation of the fume cupboard system.
3. Check make-up air balance, if possible.
SCOPE OF WORKS: DUCTING
1. Check all exposed ducting for damage, cracks and faults.
2. Check exhaust stack for damage, loose stays, blocked drainage, etc.
In addition to the above, the following inspection shall be carried out.
1. Check ducting in ceilings, plant rooms and risers for defects.
SCOPE OF WORKS: FANS
6 & 12 MONTHLY:
1. Inspect fans, their motor, bearings and drives (including belts - adjust if necessary). Lubricate where necessary.
SCOPE OF WORKS: SCRUBBERS
1. Check that scrubber and wash down facility is functioning correctly.
2 Remove and clean nozzles where necessary.
3. Remove and clean filter if fitted.
4. Check all plumbing connections and make good if necessary.
In addition to the above, the following maintenance operations will be carried out.
1. Remove the packing medium (pall rings, tellerettes, polypropylene mesh, etc.) wash thoroughly and replace.
2. Whilst packing is out, clean mist eliminator and inside of scrubber.
3. Remove pump, strip down, clean and refit.
4. Check and replace hose connections if necessary.
5. Refill recirculating tank and re-dose with caustic soda.
CONSULTING SERVICES -
Our experienced staff can provide full consulting services for fume and odour control with all design drawings (AUTOCAD) and specification preparation.